Saturday, November 3, 2012

The Final Stretch... hopefully

Slowly but surely, I'm starting to settle in on the new Ubuntu install.  I like the Unity desktop generally speaking.  There's a few oddities here and there like the lack of screensaver and how the UVC drivers are broken thereby rendering the web camera completely and utterly useless.

VirtualBox is giving me problems when I transferred my VM images from Ubuntu 9.10.  This has simply forced my hand into installing a new Windows 7 image for my work.  Shame but it had to be done.

Pulse Audio is much better here than in 9.10 but it still suffers from the HDMI issue where the audio cuts for the first few seconds.

Looking forward to the new Steam Linux release and have begun fiddling with Wine and the CrossOver Flock the Vote software.

Next time, I hope that the upgrade path will be smooth.  I'd hate to fight with it like this all over again.

No comments: