Friday, November 2, 2012

Demystifying the network woes

I've noticed that my network is (mis)behaving in pretty much the same way as it did in Ubuntu 9.10.  I've begun digging up some resources to see why it's happening and it looks like a BIOS/firmware issue where the interrupts are not being set correctly by the BIOS.  You can read more about it here and here and here.  The problems described are EXACTLY THE SAME as the ones I'm having.  The question is, which one do I grab for the motherboard DP55WB?

Handy command here:
sudo lshw -class network
This will spit out the UNCLAIMED output.

Bonus:
When my portable hard disk started to spew stupid crap about not being able to mount using ntfs.  I needed to run chkdsk from Windows.  This command was helpful:  chkdsk /f [drive letter]:




No comments: