Saturday, November 24, 2012

A Few Wine Thoughts...

I've been sinking my teeth on the Free to Play SWTOR for about a week now and the Wine workarounds are fairly reliable.  One word of advice is to avoid logging back into the game using Windows as you get stuck again with some insanely long loading times.  The game runs pretty fine, but the map and the mouse roll over on objectives are major cause for game freezes, so avoid using them as much as possible.  Also, I'm on the verge of quitting because the Sith Inquisitor quests have become next to impossible.  If this doesn't change anytime soon, I will purge this game and never look back.

I've also tried the following games on Wine and Steam: Mark of the Ninja, Just Cause, Velvet Assassin, and The Walking Dead.  They all work splendidly and without issues whatsoever.  Of the four, Just Cause is just plain crap.  Velvet Assassin is good, but insanely difficult even on the easiest difficulty setting.  Both Mark of the Ninja and The Walking Dead are crazy good and deserve some serious kudos.  I'd give all four games the platinum ranking!

No comments: