Thursday, May 3, 2012

Witcher 2 on Wine Update

Well, the game finally worked!  I installed it and then installed vcrun2010 and d3dx9 after (actually I forgot to do it before install!).  The game wouldn't work so I decided to use the hot fix installer here.  Frame rate was all over the place and starting a new game would just make it load forever.  According to the Witcher forums, it's because the graphics card cannot hack the game, so I was forced to lower the resolution to 800x600.  I'll work my way up from there because it's tiny.  1024x768 also doesn't work.

On a side note, the GOG release includes the Polish voice overs already!

Additional user.reg stuff:
HKCU\\Software\\Wine\\Direct3D
UseGLSL=disabled

Also, mouse warping is an issue.  I remember now that the mouse wouldn't warp back so I had problems navigating and clicking on stuff.  The pains I go through to play Witcher 2...

No comments: