Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Damn! A proper VNC viewer on Android!

For a long time, I've endured androidVNC as my primary remote desktop viewer on my Acer tablet.  It's rudimentary but works and is free which was what I was looking for when I got my tablet.  There are a couple of things that really bothered me with this software though.  First was the propensity to crashes when doing multi-touch accidentally.  Second was the cumbersome keyboard support and the fact that half the time, I can't see what I'm actually typing.  Third was the lack of support for the very well developed Hacker's Keyboard.  While using it a few hours ago, I really started to think that there had to be a much better option that didn't cost a dime.  Google took me to another VNC that works so much better.  That's the PocketCloud Remote RDP/VNC.  Love how everything looks professional and the mouse circular menu really makes using the desktop much, much better.  Can't look back at my old VNC viewer after this one.

No comments: