Saturday, August 27, 2011

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory DS Glitches

I've been blasting through the game a second time around and just wanted to post a few quick thoughts. The first one is really annoying because on my second playthrough, I've been trying to unlock the bonus outfits and everytime I get one, I lose it when I shut the DS off. It's very annoying but I guess nothing I can do about that.

The second glitch is the damn Manhattan Streets bug that causes a mission failure when you climb up the crates to get to the main streets to Zherkezhi's apartment. It's only now that I realize that there's an internal time limit as someone actually dies around the six or seven minute mark and counts as a civilian kill. Strangely enough the check for mission failure happens exactly at the moment Sam climbs the crates. That's how some people trigger the glitch and result in mission failure. I only happened to figure this out while playing on the DSi XL. You'll hear the sound effect of someone getting hit with a sticky shocker as background noise. If you get that sound before you climb the crates, you will stumble into the glitch. If you get the noise while the cutscene between Lambert and Sam is playing, you will get through the mission just fine. So, in short, to pass this glitch, you just need to play the level as fast as you can.

No comments: