Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Update: WPA, Ubuntu, and my Linksys WUSB54GC

I've been analyzing the logs from syslog and kern.log and I can see no real errors happening during the instance of the failure.  I can further confirm that reconnecting will not fix the connection stability.  Also, I can clearly see that rekeying does not bring down the internet connection.

What seems to stabilize the connection is if I re-apply my router settings on WiFi.  Then, it will run without issues for a while and then run into the connection drops.  It doesn't totally disconnect from my access point.  It just seems to lose packets.  But since there's no errors in the logs, it is unclear why this error happens at all.  I did read some person saying that when the device would scan for 802.11 n access points, the connection would momentarily fail.  I doubt that is the case, but I've reconfigured my router to be 802.11 b and 802.11 g for the outside chance that my router causes weird problems with 802.11 n.

No comments: