Sunday, April 7, 2013

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly: Ubuntu, MultiArch, and Wine

I've been attempting to install Street Racing Syndicate using Wine which should have been relatively straightforward to do, I reckon.  Running the game however, I am constantly treated with a crash and I suspect it is caused by this error dump.
(wine:3543): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstxvid.so': /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstxvid.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
(wine:3543): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstpython.so': /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstpython.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
(wine:3543): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstmplex.so': /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstmplex.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
(wine:3543): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstmpeg2enc.so': /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstmpeg2enc.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
(wine:3543): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstfaac.so': /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstfaac.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

This got me researching into Ubuntu's state of multiarch support, figuring out that packages like 
gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad:i386 and python-gst0.10:i386 were conspicuously missing even though I had installed ia32-libs.  As it turns out, I have conflicting library packages and Ubuntu hasn't really fixed this particular issue.  Sad to say that it looks like I will have to dig up ole Vista to play this one.

No comments: