Thursday, January 24, 2013

Keyboard going haywire after remote desktop...

For the past few months, I have, on occasion, experienced my keyboard being non-responsive after disconnecting from a remote desktop session from my Android tablet.  It seems to be intermittent and is usually detectable by the numlock light flashing intensely.  Now, I have narrowed down the cause as having the remote desktop session and Wine running.

I had Steam for Windows running so I could download a Windows game, and using the remote desktop session with it would cause the keyboard to go nuts.  The only way I could type after was reconnecting remotely and using the soft keyboard of the tablet.  Disconnecting and reconnecting the keyboard will not work, so it might be an X.org issue going on here.

No comments: