Sunday, April 22, 2012

Witcher and Wine Update

Playing a lot of Witcher lately but I've run into some interesting findings.  One is that on a fresh boot, I have to run Witcher twice to fix the graphics problem (puppeteer bug), so this has very little to do with the Launcher.exe.  Having it run directly from desktop menu is also added convenience and less clicks to do.

At least one time, I had an error dialog box telling me that Witcher crashed.  Once I clicked OK, the game launched anyway, but there was no sound at all.  This has been consistent in that everytime the dialog box shows up before launch, the game loses sound.  I don't know what causes that but after a reboot, it fixes by itself.  The sound is also automatically disabled by the game so you have to go the option and re-enable it.

No comments: