Friday, April 20, 2012

Witcher and Wine Update

So, in my session yesterday I found more interesting clues.  After work, I fired up Witcher straight away and predictably Geralt was invisible and this warranted a hard reboot to fix.  Something about Ubuntu is doing this I am sure as my playtime in older Ubuntu systems wasn't like this.  You can tell if Witcher is going to have graphical glitches if you're not seeing the flying crows in the background of the main menu (lower left hand corner of the screen).

Next thing I did after a reboot was run the desktop icon which runs the Launcher.  The game didn't have the crows in the menu but it turns out it wasn't Geralt being invisible.  It was the puppeteer bug.  So what I did was run the witcher.exe directly (something I always did on my first playthrough).  This fixed everything and Witcher ran well after that.  I updated the desktop icon to run the executable file so I expect this to be fixed for good.

No comments: