Friday, January 6, 2012

Sniper - Ghost Warrior with Wine

This is just a minor update of my battles with Sniper - Ghost Warrior and sound. Wine says the game should be running without problems, but I'm getting no sound. After doing a bit of tracing, I found this and I'm not sure why the audio device would lock up like that.

trace:alsa:AUDDRV_GetAudioEndpoint "plughw:0,1" 0x86e8b40 0 0x86e94f4
warn:alsa:AUDDRV_GetAudioEndpoint Unable to open PCM "plughw:0,1": -16 (Device or resource busy)

This is the only game to do this. I checked with Dragon Age 2 demo (nice game, by the way...) and I didn't get that problem.

I ran lsof /dev/snd/pcmC0D1p and it looks like pulseaudio is using the device, which is nothing out of the ordinary when I'm playing Dragon Age 2. More debugging needed.

No comments: