Thursday, January 27, 2011

Death of a Zaurus

For these past few months, I have found a way to make my Zaurus SL-5600 more useful than it has been for a while. The bulky mp3 player that has a measly 1 GB CF card and a wifi CF card couldn't get me to surf websites without low memory errors, much less surf for more than an hour or so. As I've managed to get my mind wrapped around mobile devices and the internet, I've found ways around them.

My Zaurus is also my mobile device for grabbing e-mails and serves as a repository for my contacts and it is sad to say that it is now gone. It would not turn on and no matter how I tried to resurrect it, it was not meant to be.

Fortunately, I am very happy to own a Nintendo DSi which serves as a better online mobile device for the simple reason of having better battery life. The Zaurus is a powerful little device, and one that I will surely miss.

No comments: