Saturday, August 23, 2014

Semi-revisit of DP55WB Network Issues

I had spoken to a friend of mine about BIOS flashing at one point and he was very experienced at that.  Some time back, I had an article over the issues my DP55WB motherboard had and showed him the downloads.  He was kind enough to clear things up with me over what the downloads were.

The WB0336P.BIO file is used to restore in case the flashing goes wrong.  The WBIBX10J.86A.0336.BI.ZIP is a zip file that contains the flashing tool for DOS.  You would have to use something like unetbootin to build a FreeDOS boot disk.  Then, run the executable to flash the BIOS.  The last one WBIBX10J.86A.0336.EB.EXE is a Windows executable to update the BIOS directly.

As usual, it's important to get the motherboard right and make sure the power doesn't go out during flashing.  I'm not going to update my BIOS but this is good information to post here in the mean time.

No comments: